Re: Login failed oerr :[3113]

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 08:10:54 -0500

A copy of this was sent to Lee Kang Won <newton_at_3rsoft.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:37:06 GMT, you wrote:

>I'm having miserable problem with Apache & Oracle server 8.0.5 for linux.
>Everything works fine if apache and oracle don't work together.
>But when I tried to do something with CGI, it can't even login.
>And what drives me crazy is that it says 'EOF in the comm. channel' <=
>oerr[3113].
>If my program runs separated from apache (from shell), it does login alright,
>and fetch records.
>
>As you may see, it doesn't seem to be an usual cgi error such as 'Premature
>script...'.
>
>Please help me out of this hell...
>
>thanx

What does the environment look like in the CGI-BIN?

replace the Oracle program with a shell script that dumps the environment and compare it to the environment that 'works'. You are probably missing something like an Oracle_home, Oracle_sid, NLS_LANG, etc.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 07:10:54 CST