protocol adapters not linked

From: Fred Pierce <fpierce_at_avialantic.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:46:23 GMT

I just installed Oracle 8.1.5 on DEC Unix 4.0f. The install seemed to go ok - no errors, but I've been unable to connect via TCP. Local connect works fine but loopback or remote results in a 01034 "Oracle not available" error.

tnsping finds the listener and I can connect to other databases. did all the usual checks of listener.ora and tnsnames - the listener log shows the connections are ok. I ran adapters tnslsnr and adapters sqlplus though and found no protocols bound so believe that they didn't get linked.

The solution to this according to the Oracle web page is to rebuild the ntcontab and the oracle executables. Unfortunately I don't find any information on how to do that.
Any suggestions?

thanks,

fdp

   Fred Pierce (DNRC)- fpierce_at_avialantic.com Oracle/Sybase DBA     Mid-Atlantic Aviation on the Web - http://www.avialantic.com