Oracle Tablesspace Runs space problem

From: <earlrc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 02:24:09 GMT

I'm currently having trouble understanding why a tablespace in Oracle would run out of space. When I try to write to a specific table, it reports that the space quota has exceeded for the tablespace that the table is in. I have tried totally deleting the tablespace along with its datafiles and users and then recreated everything, but that doesn't seem to help. Interestingly enough, the table allows less and less records as time goes on. For example, the first time I can add records, it allows 100. Then, if I delete all the records and try to re-add them, it only allows 98 records. This behavior continues as long as I delete all the records and try to add them again. It seems that there is some soft limit configured somewhere, but I'm not really sure where to look. Does anyone have any ideas? If you need more details to understand this problem, please ask. Thanks for any help I can get.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 20:24:09 CST