Turning on the Oracle SNMP agent on OpenVMS

From: Gary Haney <ghaney_at_utk.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 07:20:18 -0500

Hi,

We are just about ready to deploy our first Oracle Enterprise-wide database and I want to turn on the SNMP agent to populate the RDbms MIB. I will be using HP Openview to monitor the status of this database. Has anyone done this? Was it worth the effort? What steps are needed on the Oracle/OpenVMS side. I realize that the MIB has to be imported into HP Openview.

I know that there are various products out there that add this feature (BMC Patrol, EcoTools, etc.) but I was wondering if we could get some useful information without spending the dollars for the add-ons.

Please reply directly to me... ghaney_at_mc.utmck.edu

Thanks,

Gary W. Haney Received on Sat Oct 31 1998 - 06:20:18 CST