SQL*Net question... Can it be true??

From: Spitzer Andras <sendai_at_drizzt.datanet.hu>
Date: 29 Oct 98 10:49:53 GMT

Hi!

We have an Oracle server (Irix 6.4) installed on our SGI, and we would like to make a connection to our Solaris 2.5.1 (OpenView). The OpenView rdbms documentation describe the opportunities. It said I have to make SQL*Net 2 installed on our Solaris if the server is not on the OpenView machine. I've checked the oracle site, and I did not found any product called sql*net. Is it means that I have to buy a full Oracle server to Solaris 2.5.1 to make the OpenView (Solaris 2.5.1) client connect to our Oracle (Irix 6.4) server? Or is there any other solution?

Best Regards: Spitzer Andras Received on Thu Oct 29 1998 - 04:49:53 CST