Re: tnsnames.ora question

From: Daniel <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:39:56 -0000

Hello,

I assume you are trying to configure the tnsnames.ora file for the clients???
If so I think you questions actualy is how do I know the port number the listeners
are using/listening on?

Ok the default ports we use are 1521 and 1526.

However to know for sure what port is being used look in the severs LISTENER.ORA file and configure your client accordingly.

Cheers,

Daniel... Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 13:39:56 CST