Slow performance on Long Raw Datatypes, Help !

From: Kenny Leow <kennyg_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 00:13:41 +0800

Hi,

Currently, I am inserting jpeg files into my table people_photo. It contains a member_id varchar2(7) and photo_rec Long Raw. Member_id is the primary key of the table people_photo.

I am experiencing slow performance while inserting into the table. Basically, an insertion of about 200 photo takes about 5 hours. I am using Powerbuilder to insert the images and commit until all insertion is finished.

Can anyone advise how can I improve the performance. I am out of my wit.

Thanks a lot.

Please reply to leow_at_stcs.com.sg. If you had the solution. Thanks again.

Kenny Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 10:13:41 CST