Re: Import/Export peformance?

From: simone griffin <simonemg_at_online.no>
Date: 27 Oct 1998 22:25:43 GMT

Hi Robert.

I find it strange that import did run faster with index than without. Any way you could trie to
run import with commit=y, because by default commit=n will result in commit after every table is
imported.
Also make sure that the database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode when importing.

Hope this is of any help

Best regards
Jan Fure

Robert Jungerius <rjungerius_at_death-to-spam.cetecint.com> wrote in article <01be0183$612c7680$270164bf_at_wks139>...
> I've been experimenting with the various imp/exp parameters and found out
> that importing without constraints and indexes is
> slower than importing with indexes and constraints.
> Can somebody clarify these mysterious results???
>
> I want to export/import large databases (10Gb) and I find that import
takes
> too long, are there
> settings to improve imp/exp performance? (i'm running Oracle 7.3.3 on
NT4).