Re: java in Oracle

From: Andrew Semprebon <yellow-mage_at_usa.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:33:24 -0400

Paul Chang wrote in message <70r5t8$fml$1_at_ebaynews1.Ebay.Sun.COM>...
>we like to know if PL/SQL code (stored proc/triggers) can contain java code
>embedded?

I recall reading that the soon-to-be-released (or maybe already released) Oracle 8i
will allow you to write triggers and stored procedures in java, and you can embed SQL code (and maybe PL/SQL code?) in java using their java precompiler, but I've never seen anything saying you can embed java in PL/SQL. Presumably you could call a java stored procedure from PL/SQL. Received on Fri Oct 23 1998 - 20:33:24 CDT