Re: some simple questions about tablespace

From: Cheng-Jih Chen <cjc_at_interport.net>
Date: 23 Oct 1998 16:40:39 -0400

In article <70qmpn$4sc$1_at_news.iwaynet.net>, Waterman Family <waterman_at_iwaynet.net> wrote:

>For temp tablespace, I don't know of a way to specify a particular one. In
>my databases I only have one temporary tablespace and assign large data
>files to it. Maybe someone else knows something here.
>
>Brian Yan wrote in message <362EA454.25DB_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>...
>>
>>3). Similar question to temporary tablespace. If I create a small temp
>>tablespace and a big temp tablespace for importing. Is Oracle smart
>>enough to select the appropriate tablespace according to the
>>transaction? Or I should turn one offline manully?

Users have a temporary tablespace assigned to them. By default, it's the SYSTEM tablespace, but you can issue ALTER USER foo TEMPORARY TABLESPACE bar to change this. It's recommended you don't use SYSTEM for temp stuff, anyway. Presumably, the temp tablespace used will be the one assigned to the user doing the import. Received on Fri Oct 23 1998 - 15:40:39 CDT