Re: db_block_size and performance

From: Pat Keenan <jpkeenan_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 21:29:15 -0600

I was my experience that you would like to have the block size be equal to or some even multiple of whatever the OS block read size is. More efficient reads that way! If you are dealing with lots of little tables or a funny distribution of data in blocks, you might waste some space with the increased block size. Big databases (i.e. warehouses) you should be using 16K or whatever Oracle allows!

Regards,
Pat Keenan
JPK Tech Services, Inc.