Re: Oracle8 parallel server ???????

From: raman batra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:57:01 -0500

Hi,

We were looking at OPS but our application was not certified for it, so we choose Advanced Replication. You will need at least the SP2 frame and will needs nodes (not sure how much power you need) if you go with the OPS option. Yeah, users can be connected to both boxers. Make sure your application handles locking and contention and is tuned to avoid pinging on OPS.

As you may be aware, once one instance goes down, the data remains OK since both instance will share the same raw device. (You will need experience with raw (non-cooked) file systems). The users on the instance which goes down will have to reconnect. Basically the SP2 acts as a cluster. You can cluster HP or Sun boxes too.