Re: sqlloader

From: Steve <steve_at_encite.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:45:46 +0100

Steve wrote in message <707lbf$dfm$1_at_uranium.btinternet.com>...
>Could somebody please tell me why I keep getting a "partial record found at
>end of datafile" error when using SQLLoader. I have a very simple data
file
>such as:-
>
> ABC,DEF
> GHI,JKL
> MNO,PQR
>
>and a control file like:
>
>load data
>infile 'mydata'
>into table test
>fields terminated by ','
>(termcode, termname)
>
>Much thanks
>Steve

... and the answer is ... unbelievable!!!

If you have embedded data in your control file, you need to stick a carriage return at the end of the file. If you have separate control and data files, then you need to stick a carriage return at the end of *both* files!!

How very sad but there you have it.

Myself Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 10:45:46 CDT