7.1.6.2 import problem

From: <trggr_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 21:35:37 GMT

Hi,

I have a problem with import to 7.1.6.2 server on Solaris. I exported base with the following parameters:

    COMPRESS=Y
    FILE=/tmp/prod.dmp
    USERID=system/password
    GRANTS=Y
    INDEXES=Y
    ROWS=Y
    CONSTRAINTS=Y
    LOG=/tmp/prod.log
    FULL=Y And then imported it to fresh database on other computer (all tablespace layouts are the same) with parameters:

    USERID=system/password
    FULL=Y
    FILE=prod.dmp
    LOG=imp_prod.log
    BUFFER=102400
    INDEXES=N
    COMMIT=Y
    GRANTS=Y My problem is: I had a view which uses pl/sql function as one of the column in the select statement. Something like this:

CREATE FORCE VIEW v (a,b) AS SELECT func(10), c FROM t;

and that function "func" are importing _after_ view. So, the view is created with error. And the whole pyramid, which rely heavily on view "v" is fail.

Is it me doing something wrong or Oracle's import?

Tim