Re: Slow connect time

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:14:22 +0200

Rich Dolan wrote in message <6v0jjg$gvv$1_at_eve.enteract.com>...
>I am running Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.2 for Netware, and Oracle client
>software version 7.3.2.2.0 on a Win95 machine.
>
>I have an older application that I just installed, and could not connect to
>the server. I realized that this app needed the Oracle 7.2 RSF files, so I
>reinstalled an older version of the Oracle Client software.
>
>Now I can connect just fine with the older app, and the current app, but the
>connect time is almost 10 times what it was before (from 4 seconds to almost
>40 seconds).

Long connect time with Oracle 7.3.2...
This sounds like a problem with enabled by default Oracle Trace. But, unfortunetally, I don't know exactly how to disable it on Netware. Try searching Metalink or ask Oracle Support.

HTH,
Piotr Kolodziej
pkol_at_otago.gda.pl Received on Mon Oct 05 1998 - 09:14:22 CDT