Disk configuration of Oracle8 on NT

From: Eamon Dalton <edalton_at_heanet.ie>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 12:02:47 +0100

I am about to setup Oracle8 on an NT server.

The server currently has 4 X 4.3 Gb ultra-wide SCSI disks and a RAID controller.

I want the system to run RAID 5 including the OS, Oracle Server and the Oracle data and control files.

I have heard that the redo log files should not be placed on RAID 5 due to the amount of I/O involved but that they should be mirrored instead which suggests that I will need an additional drive as RAID 5 required a minimum of 3 disks.

Any suggestions on the best way to setup the RAID levels for the system would be appreciated.

Thanks,

           Eamon. Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 06:02:47 CDT