Re: Temporary tables

From: John Durst <jdurst_at_sky.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:41:29 -0500

Rumor has it Oracle8i will have temporary tables. Until then the best thing to do is create the "temporary" tables in a separate tablespace and grant the appropriate permissions, etc. (Do not drop the tables and recreate them because you will either have to do regrants and incur the overhead of creating/dropping tables every time as well as creating tables in every schema or granting some high level system privileges.) As long as the batch procedure is not run by more than one process simultaneously you can just TRUNCATE the tables before and after the batch operation.