Re: Making View Dataset's persistent in Memory

From: Joseph Murtagh <jmurtagh_at_ml.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 11:38:37 -0500

Joseph Murtagh wrote:

> Is there a way to make a View's dataset persistent in memory to improve
> performance when accessing the view? My view seems to be re-executing
> the SQL every time it is accessed.

Thanks a lot Remington XU. I have a test environment, with the view, and a production environment, with tables. The data in the view and in the table are identical.

I am executing multiple SQL statements against both. Test - Select xx, yy from view_name, Select xx, yy, zz, ww from view_name, or Prod - Select xx, yy from table_name, Select xx, yy, zz, ww from table_name. How can I make performance against views the same as the performance against the tables?

My thought was I could make the Views recordset persistent in memory while the program was running to give me equal or better performance to the SQL run against the table.

Currently my SQL against views runs much slower that SQL against tables. Thus my assertion that my view's SQL has to reexecute everytime.

Thanks Again and in Advance Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 11:38:37 CDT