Re: How to use Product_User_Profile table?

From: <skubiszewski_at_Eisner.DECUS.Org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:57:27 GMT

In article <361a2959.10013604_at_netnews.worldnet.att.net>, gennick_at_worldnet.att.net (Jonathan Gennick) writes:
>On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 19:42:45 GMT,
>skubiszewski_at_Eisner.DECUS.Org wrote:
>>If I have to resort to inserting restrictions by username,
>>am I correct in that I must have two entries per user?
>>One to disable SET, the other to disable the ROLE CR_USER?
>
>Yes. That is correct. Be careful when disabling roles using
>a wildcarded user name. SQL*Plus issues just _one_ command
>to disable whatever roles you have restricted. If any one of
>those roles does not apply to a particular user, then that
>command will fail, and none of the roles will be disabled.
>Bottom line, if you restrict userid '%' from the CR_USER
>roles, you better be sure that _all_ users have that role to
>begin with.

Thanks for confirming that I need two restrictions, I'm testing it out right now. :-) I cannot use wildcards to restrict all but it shouldn't be too hard to generate the SQL to restrict the 1300 users in this particular role.

Just needed a little reassurance that I was headed down the right path. Thanks!

Rose Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 10:57:27 CDT