Re: Sniffing SQL on Client

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 27 Sep 1998 05:12:35 GMT

On Sun, 20 Sep 1998 08:39:08 -0400, Steve Mahoney <smahoney_at_bellatlantic.net> wrote:

>When this was a 16-bit app., we used a tool called SQL*INSPECTOR to do
>this but this tool has since been bought by a vendor and folded into a
>larfer tool set.

You too? I've searched far and wide for a 32-bit upgrade to SQL Inspector, but the product seems to have disappeared from the market. I was given a copy of the 16-bit version by Mercury Interactive at one of the demos, but they don't seem to sell it anymore.

>I seem to recall that there is some "INTERNAL ORACLE" setting to do this
>for SQL*NET but cannot recall it.

Add the following lines to your SQLNET.ORA file:

	TRACE_UNIQUE_CLIENT = ON
	TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = 16
	TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = C:\A
	TRACE_FILE_CLIENT = SQLNET_TRACE.TXT

You may already have conflicting lines, TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT=OFF, for example. Be sure to comment these out.

Run your application.

You will get more trace information than you ever wanted to see<g>. I presume that there are other trace level settings than 16, but I don't know their definitions.

regards,

Jonathan Received on Sun Sep 27 1998 - 00:12:35 CDT