Anyone querying Oracle from a Linux box

From: George Dau <gedau_at_isa.mim.com.au>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 01:33:23 GMT

Got some Oracle DBs on Solaris, and one on NT. I'd like to query them from a Linux box. I am currently rsh'ing to Solaris and running the queries that way, but in this changing environment this is too fragile.

Do I have to wait for Oracle 8 on Linux, or is there some other method of connection? (Perl on Linux seems to require something that's not there, same for Java)

Thanks,
George.

--

 ,-,_|\   George Dau,                                             __
/    * \  Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.     (OO)