Storage Clause Problem

From: Matthew MacFarland <matthew_mac&*(^%farland_at_dril-quip.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:21:06 -0500

Hello everyone,

I have a table with 600 rows that has grown to 22 extents (44megs). The data in the long column of the table is about 300 bytes in each row. The initial and next extents were set to 2meg so I cannot figure out how the table got so big so fast.

Do you see anything wrong with the ddl below that could be causing this? I am really not sure about the pctused and pctfree.

Thanks,

Matthew MacFarland
Dril-Quip
matthew_macfarland_at_dril-quip.com

CREATE TABLE DQREP.T_REP_TRANSACTION
(

 REP_TRANS_ID   NUMBER(22,0) NOT NULL,
 TABLE_ID       NUMBER(10,0) NOT NULL,
 REP_KEY        VARCHAR2(25) NOT NULL,
 ACTION         CHAR(1) NOT NULL,

 DML_STATEMENT LONG NULL
)
INITRANS 1
MAXTRANS 255
PCTFREE 10
PCTUSED 40
STORAGE (INITIAL 2097152
    NEXT 2097152
    PCTINCREASE 0
    MINEXTENTS 1
    MAXEXTENTS 249
    FREELISTS 1
    FREELIST GROUPS 1)
TABLESPACE TOOLS
NOCACHE
PARALLEL (DEGREE 1 INSTANCES 1) Received on Thu Sep 24 1998 - 13:21:06 CDT