Re: Moving an existing Solaris Ora 7.3.3 installation to another server

From: Mauro <sbffn_at_vgf.vg>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:38:36 GMT

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:12:47 -0700, wdavies_at_cs.stanford.edu (Winton Davies) wrote:

>HI Melissa,
>
> I had posted a question like this but I never could find any replies.
>Suffice it to say, that the oradata control files seem to get upset.. now
>if we could find a way to force a restart of this, then I think it will
>work.

On AIX it's trivial. I don't know what it's like on a Solaris box, but have a look at your root.sh and rootpre.sh scripts and you'll probably get what you're missing.

--
Mauro.

(My return address is intentionally invalid; ROT13 is required. As someone already told this audience, my responses are not to be considered official technical support or advice.) Received on Thu Sep 24 1998 - 06:38:36 CDT