Re: Memory Fault

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 20:57:35 -0500

The 'su - oracle' executes the .profile or .login and .kshrc or .cshrc
of the user, oracle. In other words, it simulates a login as oracle.

The 'su oracle' merely switches the user id to oracle, leaving your original unix environment.

oscar@iscpg.po.my wrote:

Hi Oracle Gurus,

I have an Oracle Database running on HP-UX, when I login to my own account on
HP and do a "su oracle" command to switch to oracle user, if I run "svrmgrl"
command, I have an error "memory fault". But if I do "su - oracle", I run the
"svrmgrl" command, it work fine. Is there any wrong with my HP system ??

Thank you for your help.

--
Oscar Koay
Systems Engineer