Oracle on Unix vs Oracle on Windows

From: Chunangad S Sriram <ramcssri_at_unm.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 12:45:05 -0600

I have so far programmed in Oracle via SQL*Plus only in a Windows environment (95 & NT). Going by the fact that I use interactive line programming in SQL*Plus to interact with Oracle, I have presumed that programming in Oracle in a Unix environment should be no different because of the command line interface that is followed in Unix . I am curious to know how different Oracle programming is in a Unix environment (if there are any differences) and also would like to know where I can get to see the obvious differences except for the GUI when comparing it to Oracle programming in Windows.

I would appreciate it if anyone can clarify this curiosity of mine.

Sriram Received on Tue Sep 22 1998 - 13:45:05 CDT