Re: db_files won't exceed 30 (but I need more)

From: Winnie Liu <oracle_dba_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:15:50 -0700

This will work ONLY if the parameter DB_FILES is SMALLER than the parameter of the Maxdatafile when you first create the database!!! If the MAXDATAFILE is 100 when you first create your database and you set the DB_FILES as anything less than 100. Then you can always edit the init.ora parameter to increase the number of DB_FILES. But if it pass the 100 limit, the only way that you can increase the number of DB_files is to recreate the controlfile!

Winnie