Multi-master in Snapshot site replication rnvironment

From: Istiqfar <istiqfar_at_cbn.net.id>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 14:17:21 GMT

Hi Orafans,

We're setting up a snapshot-site environment: Master site: pluto.tn.galaxy
Snapshot site: mars.tn.galaxy
Master group: TEAM

There is no problem in this environment. Data can be updated anywhere and replicated to the appropriate site.

Further, we want to make mars.tn.galaxy as a fail-over site with another site, venus.tn.galaxy. So, we create a multi-master environment with:
Master Definition Site: mars.tn.galaxy
Master Site: venus.tn.galaxy
Master group: TEAM_MULTIMASTER

The problem is snap$_ tables which is on mars.tn.galaxy cannot be included in master group TEAM_MULTIMASTER using Replication Manager. But, when we try it by executing dbms_repcat.create_master_repobject, snap$_ table is actually in rep_object, but with NO generated objects (oracle didn't create any $RT trigger).

I'd like to know, can snapshot table (snap$_ table) with its views and triggers be replicated using multi-master method?

Thanks all for help.

Isa Received on Sun Sep 20 1998 - 09:17:21 CDT