Re: Re : Row Level Share Locks

From: Alice <Alice.Explorer_at_mtu-net.ru>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:59:46 +0400

My idea of using smth like row level share locks was to do the following :

Suppose, a lot of operators are placing orders into a db. Each order will be processed by the db according to the customer parameters (each order references a customer).
I want to make sure that during that processing customer parameters will not change.
Because one of the consequences of changing a customer's parameters would be changing some orders (all customers' parameters changes are logged in a separate table).
My idea of resolving such a situation was to place a share row level lock on customer's record.

Regards,
George

Thomas Kyte wrote
<35ffc0f9.14161102_at_192.86.155.100> ...