Re: Send E-mail from PL/SQL

From: Dan Leary <dll_at_interlocutor.com>
Date: 1998/09/15

Karsten Weikop wrote:

> I'm using Oracle Web Application Server 3.0. I use the PL/SQL cartridge
> and want to send E-mail's from within a package/procedure to a POP3
> server.

I recently had to solve this same problem for a client, and after researching
the alternatives, wrote a SMTP client and Java Cartridge to do the job. The http://browne.pair.com/plsql.htm style solution works too, but requires
a separate Pro*C daemon that my client did not find acceptable. Bob Kooi's dbms_mail package ($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsmail.sql) is another alternative, but requires the Oracle*Mail product.

Contact Jim (jn_at_interlocutor.com) or me (dll_at_interlocutor.com) by email if you're interested in a copy of our Emailer Java cartridge for OWAS (currently
being extended to run as a servlet under Apache, Tengah, Netscape, etc too).

-dll Received on Tue Sep 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT