Re: Eroding Oracle Performance

From: anonymous <anonymous_at_anonymous.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 6:33:30 +0200

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998 6:23:25 +0200, EXE wrote (in message <35FB48BD.B0E5CEE8_at_exesolutions.com>):

>> I am experiencing a strange problem in one of my 8.04 instances.
>> Gradually, over the course of a day, performance goes in the tank.  I mean
>> we have a benchmark query (select count(*) from foo) that runs in less
snip
>> back up.   One other clue.  The last time I shutdown the instance, I did a
>> shutdown immediate.  After 30 minues with no response I had to go in and
>> kill the service in NT via service manager.

> I would look at SGA size and other cache related sizings. They may be too
> small.
>
> Daniel A. Morgan

No, since the queries are fast in the morning and slower later in the day, I suspect a memory leak in the 8.0.4 server. Use shutdown abort to stop the instance. Recovery will be done automatically.

--
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home) Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 23:33:30 CDT