Snapshot related problem

From: John Koo <johnkoo_at_i-wave.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:56:07 +0800

Dear all,

    I have tried to created a snapshot on Oracle 8 for Windows NT but encountered
the some problems. What I wanted to do was to copy data in one table from one
remote database to my own database using the following command :

create snapshot remote_table1
tablespace user_data
refresh start with sysdate next sysdate+1/1440 with primary key
as select * from fids_table_at_fids;

Oracle returned the following error:
>ERROR at line 4:
>ORA-12014: table 'FIDS_TABLE' does not contain a primary key constraint

But the problem was : FIDS_TABLE actually had a primary constraint already !
When I changed the statement a little bit as follows :

create snapshot remote_table1
tablespace user_data
refresh start with sysdate next sysdate+1/1440 with rowid
as select * from fids_table_at_fids;

It worked again !!

It is a bug in Oracle 8 for Windows NT ??

John. Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 08:56:07 CDT