OracleStartORCL & OracleServiceORCL in NT

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 12 Sep 1998 17:43:19 GMT

Hi:

Can anyone tell me the purpose of the OracleStartORCL and OracleServiceORCL in NT.

If I use:

  oradim80 -shutdown -sid ORC1 -usrpwd password -shuttype srvc -shutmode i

It will shutdown the OracleStartORCL and OracleServiceORCL.

But if I restart the service:

  oradim80 -startup -sid ORC1 -usrpwd password -starttype srvc

It will only start the OracleServiceORCL. But the OracleStartORCL won't be started. Except the backup cannot be run properly, I can't see any bad effect if the OracleStartORCL is not started. The database ORCL is still running perfectly. Why?

--
Best regards, Received on Sat Sep 12 1998 - 12:43:19 CDT