Re: How to remove unrecoverable datafile?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 12 Sep 1998 05:59:53 GMT

Vágó Balázs <bvago_at_gbt.hu> wrote in article <35f7df90.0_at_ganymede.datanet.hu>...
> I think this file contain rollback segment. I had same problems some day
> ago.
> I have to do the following:
>
> 1. Database shutdown
> 2. INIT.ORA -> _CORRUPTED_ROLLBACK_SEGMENT=(name)
> 3. Database open
> 4. DROP ROLLBACK SEGMENT name;
> 5. DROP TABLESPACE name INCLUDING CONTENTS;
>
> It's work correctly.
>
> By Balazs

Balazs,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the tablespace contains 15 datafiles and will involve a large re-import if we have to drop it. However, it sounds like it may be necessary!

Andy Received on Sat Sep 12 1998 - 00:59:53 CDT