Re: Backup time.

From: K POON <kspoon_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:35:50 +0800

Hi, Reid

In general, you should do the actual raw I/O measure to you system. It depends on what kind of devices you are using, the disk type, the number of controllers as well as others factors. For my site, I am using DLT tape to do backup, with average 800k/s with 3 streams backup in parallel.

Also for some UNIX machine, the export file to disk have physical size limit. e.g. 2G. It also be considered in your CP.

My figures on hand:
DLT 800k/s
Disk 1.5M/s

Regards,