Re: Oracle8 - Solaris2.6 - core dump

From: David <David_at_home.aus>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:15:53 +1000

Russell,
Oracle produces core dumps for most serious problems, these and the oracle message are logged in the alert file.
8040 and 8041 are notorious for this. Check out /opt/oracle8/admin/SID/bdump/alert_SID.log After upgrading to 80421 the number of core dumps has reduced significantly, from 10/day to 1 or zero. We even have a cron job to rm the core files every 15 min. This gave us time to review the error.
Recommend you upgrade asap.
David.