Re: How do I get a client's IP Address?

From: Alex Stamenov <stamenov_at_parsec-corp.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:47:32 -0700

You can not find the TCP address in the ORACLE dictionary. But if you have the machine name, you can do PING <machine name> from the OS command line and the response of the ping command will contain the address of the machine.

Example;
C:> Ping degoba
Reply from 162.345.678.90: bytes 32 time<10ms TTL=128

This is on NT 4.0 OS. On Unix may have a slightly different format.

Alex Stamenov