Oracle8 - Solaris2.6 - core dump

From: R Fray <russ_at_u-net.net>
Date: 1998/09/04

Over the last couple of days, my version of Oracle 8.0.4.0.0 running on Solaris 2.6 has begun coredumping massive files.

I'm using Oracle in conjunction with Oracle Web Application Server 3.0.

No other services are running on the machine and there are plenty of system resources (0.5Gb RAM, 27Gb HD RAID). The core files are appearing in :

/opt/oracle8/admin/SID/cdump/core_xxxx/core

Does anybody know where I can start looking to find the cause of this? I have set the coredumpsize to 0 to stop the DB falling over (it was dumping +500MB and filling up the partition!) but obviously I'd like to know what has gone wrong. A reinstall of Solaris and/or Oracle is not viable no matter how tempting.

Please cc replies to russ_at_u-net.net if possible.

Regards,
Russell Fray.

--

Russell Fray