Re: Import of single storeproc from export file?

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_no-spam.it.camcnty.gov.uk>
Date: 1998/09/04

> From: jpmakar_at_aol.com (Jpmakar)
> Date: 4 Sep 1998 03:29:09 GMT
>
>That is ugly. Any clue as to why it is so hard to recover a distinct non-table
>object? My main schema has hundreds of stored procs in it. I've done the
>number of restricting the import to a single schema and it's fairly easy. But
>for my main development schema it means I have to create a large temporary
>schema, then dump the export into it, cut and paste my one stored proc that I
>want, and then throw the rest away.

Who are you calling ugly! :-)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I never said my solution was pretty - just an alternative to yours. My solution has the advantage that you don't have to create a temporary schema to import the procedure, and you don't end up having to import all the schemas objects just to get one procedure. But I'll admit it's not much of an advantage.

Don't know why it's so difficult. Presumably it's not very high on Oracle Corporation's priority list of enhancements. exp/imp is like that - its functionality is lagging behind the number of new objects which have been added to the database over the years.

Dave.

--
Remove the no-spam bit from my email address to reply.