Re: Problem with Net8 Easy Config

From: CharlesM <charlesm1NOSPAM_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 08:25:34 -0500

In article <6sh9uk$fs9$1_at_nnrp02.primenet.com>, pchavali_at_assettech.com says...
> Yes, It was bringing my machine to its knees. I uninstalled it and never
> tried it on NT again. The new release of 8.0.4 client I didn't test yet.
> Did this problem occur with 8.0.4 client or earlier version?
>
> Thanks
>
> Prasad Chavali
>
> Dan Kesler wrote in message <35EC16A7.7443ABBB_at_earthlink.net>...
> >I'm having a problem running the Net8 Easy Config after installing the
> >Oracle8 client on NT Workstation 4.0. The program never starts, and in
> >the NT task manager, java.exe spins with 99% cpu. Anyone seen this?

I missed the original post to this thread (its gone from my news server), but this problem is due to a bug in Java. A quick work around that may help is to set your screen setting down to 256 colors (why, I don't know, but it seems to bypass the Java problem in many cases). The true fix is to download adminfix.exe (I believe that's the spelling) off microsoft's site (its their bug, not Oracle's). Received on Wed Sep 02 1998 - 08:25:34 CDT