Re: Oracle 7.3.2.3 and Solaris 2.6

From: Kevin Bongiovanni <bong_at_gnt.net>
Date: 1998/03/30

Just got finished doing this. My Oracle process started to create core dumps all over the place. Called in a tar and they tell me that 7.3.2 is not certified to run with 2.6. (Double check with your CSI number, sometimes they tell diffierent stories). They sent me a patch do get to 7.3.3. Starting to play around with the patch this week. First, I'm trying it on a new server that I'm bring online. On another machine, I decided to install the 7.3.3 version fresh. It works OK. It produces a lot less core dumps, but they are still there. I have this feeling that Oracle does not like to run on 2.6. Hope the other response of re-compiling the binaries work. I'll try that later on this week.

Good luck