Re: Vote NO: Comp.databases.oracle.server.java

From: Vince Cross <bartok_at_nortel.com>
Date: 1998/03/23

Steve,

(Note - followups redirected to comp.databases.oracle.server. PLEASE don't continue the crossposting madness.)

Some people might consider your solicitation for NO votes to be "voter fraud". Even though I submitted a NO vote, if this proposal fails, I would fully support a waiver of the 6 month waiting period for a new vote due to your solicitation. Once a CFV has been posted, you should shut up and let people vote. Just in case you are new to USENET newsgroup voting, I'll spell out a couple of basics for you:

RFD (Request For Discussion) - This is the period during which a proposal is made, discussed, possibly modified, etc.

CFV (Call For Votes) - This is the period when actual voting on a proposal takes place. Note that I said "voting", not "discussion". The RFD comes first, then the CFV.

Understand now?