Re: PO7 does not support parallel queries?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/03/23

Venkat wrote in message <6euu5o$apu_at_sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>...
>Parallel query is an option and I don't think Personal Oracle supports it.
>Even if it were to support parallel query, you'd have no advantage on a
>Win95 machine with just one processor.

Yeah, parallel query is only available with the "bigger" versions of Oracle. But you're mistaken about the one processor bit. Parallel query does not have -anything- to do with the number of CPUs on a box.

Parallel query makes use of multi-threading. Whether those threads runs on a single processor or 20 processors do not change the functionality of parallel query. The only requirement is to have multithreading capability in the operating system, which Win95 does have (how well that is implemented is of course open to debate).

regards,
Billy Received on Mon Mar 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST