Re: IFILE: Which initialization parameters go here?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/03/22

Rob Forster wrote in message <01bd55dd$1e8b9740$6e6bcd8e_at_forrer>...
>What parameters should go in an IFILE and which should stay in
>INIT<SID>.ORA ?
>I'm trying to figure out which archivelog parameters should go into the
>IFILE and which ones shouldn't. (ie. LOG_ARCHIVE_START, LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST
>and LOG_ARCHIVE_FORMAT.

Methinks that IFILE should only be used for parallel server instances. For OPS you need a global INIT.ORA file and a local one per instance (containing the private rollbacks, thread number, etc.).

I would not recommend using IFILE for different database instances on the same machine - i.e. setting each instance's INIT.ORA file up with an IFILE parameter to point to a single common configuration with all the "global" settings. All instances are not created equal.. :-)

regards,
Billy Received on Sun Mar 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CST