Start Intelli. Agent Fail with error 0007: storage control block destroyed ?

From: <long_at_basic.tl.gov.tw>
Date: 1998/03/19

Hi,

   I installed Oracle server 7.3.3 on NT server 4.0 and created a new database(other than starter database).
When I start the Intelligent Agent , I got the message
" error 0007: storage control block destroyed ".

I checked the EventViewer, it said
"OracleAgent failed to run auto-discovery script nmiconf.tcl.
 Look in the nmiconf.log for more information. "

Also I examined nmiconf.log, it said
"can't read "ListenerName": no such variable ".

I've check tnsname.ora and listener.ora and other *.ora many times, but didn't get rid of the error.

And I found that after starting fail to IA, no snmp*.ora files automatically created.

So, I would like to ask
1. Should I prepare snmp_rw.ora in advance ? And what's the difference between snmp_rw.ora and snmp_ro.ora ?
2. Someone said Performance Utility had something with IA failure, is that right ?
3. I checked NT registry and found that
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\SERVICES\ORACLE7\PERFORMANCE has parameter hostname="2:ORCL".
BUT my new SID for new database is PROD. Why ?

Please give me a hint.
Thank you all.

Albert Lung
E-mail: minlong_at_chttl.com.tw Received on Thu Mar 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CST