Recursive calls interpretation

From: Olivier Bercovitz <oberco_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: 1998/03/15

Hello,

Is anybody know how to interprete the results about recursive calls on v$sysstat
These are my results from our db (oracle V7.3.2 with replicated db, on unix SCO) :

   opened cursors cumulative = 2,234,329

   user calls                           = 55,611,410
   recursive calls                    = 25,813,906
   parse count                       =    2,389,809
I think the number of recursive calls are too hight in comparison of opende cursors cumulative.
Could you tell me how can I interprete this, and what is the formula and the limit ratio
which tell me that I have too recursive calls.

Thanks for all

Olivier. Received on Sun Mar 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CST