Stored PL/SQL and corruption

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1998/03/10

Odd one today, we have some stored PL/SQL that is used to insert data into a table.

After having been run for a couple of days with no problems the PL/SQL started to fail with a 'value error' at run-time. The package status was valid according to dba_objects and the same source code on the test database did not fail in the same way for the same input data. The code was reviewed for any obvious (and subtle) value run-time errors that could arise and none were found.

The PL/SQL source was reloaded into the production database with no changes and started to work - accepting the previously errored data with no problem.

I seem to remember some posts from a while ago about this sort of thing, but always thought that the status was changed to 'invalid'.

Version 7.3.2 RDBMS running under Solaris 2.5.1.

Any ideas anyone ?

IAP

--
I am using anti-spam measures, please replace 'not.valid' with 'value.net'