Re: SYSTEM DEAD--ORACLE PH#?

From: S Chavali <nospam_at_iname.com>
Date: 1998/03/08

ScSherwood wrote:

> We're in a desperate situation...
>
> Our database won't start as it has oracle errors ORA-1113 and ORA-1110.
>
> We only have bronze support, but need Oracle to be running or our company is in
> BAD, BAD shape.
>
> Does anyone know how we can get a human to help us at Oracle?
>
> PLEASE----WE NEED HELP!!!
>
> ----Scott
>
> P.S. a DBA who can come latter this Sunday morning in So Florida would probably
> also be a hugely welcome sight.

Going by the error message numbers (and the fact that you haven't given any details about the problem) I'm going to assume that one or more of your datafiles are missing or corrupt.
To rectify (again assuming that the database is in archivelog mode), copy backup versions of these corrupt/missing datafiles (check the alert.log for names) from your last backup, open the database in mount mode, recover the database (have all of your archived redo logs since your last backup available) and then open the database. Shut it down and take another full backup before making the database available again.

--
Hope this helps !
Regards,