Memory Allocation Error from Oracle73 ODBC Driver

From: Chris Miller <chrism_at_eventus.com>
Date: 1998/03/05

We are using the Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver (version 2.05.0301) on Windows NT workstation, with ODBC version 3.0.23.1. Our server is Oracle 7 on Windows NT Server.

The problem is that the driver occasionally returns an error with description "Memory Allocation Error". However, there is plenty of memory available on the client at that time, and the SQL statement being executed is a small select statement retrieving only one row, so it doesn't seem that memory could really be the problem.

Does anyone know anything about this error? I suspect it is a bug in the ODBC driver, but I would like to confirm this somehow.

Please send e-mail to chrism_at_eventus.com

Thanks,

...Chris

--
Chris Miller