Re: can poor tuning cause database crashes

From: Roger Snowden <rsnowden_at_supergeek.com>
Date: 1998/03/04

For all its faults, Oracle is a rather robust product in my expeience. I don't know about Solaris in particular, but I have seen times when the operating system (DEC UNIX / Alpha ) would pretty much crap out but existing connections would just keep truckin' along. I suppose it might depend on exactly what you mean by "poor tuning", but tuning in the conventional sense, poorly done or not, won't cause a crash.

Roger Snowden