Re: external sql files

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/09/27

I don't remember if it was the release notes or a migration and update guide I was looking at, but there in chapter 9 was a list of all of the scripts that should be run and the circumstances under which each is required. In any event you will find the answers somewhere in one of the text files on the distribution CD-ROM.

Now if we could only get Oracle to put out a consolidated index for all of the documentation (hard copy and on-line) for each release so we could find what we need easily it would simplify life for all of us.

Jerry

Ken Nichols wrote:

> Pete,
>
> I have wondered about this same thing. I can't find a simple list of
> the scripts and when you run them. Some DBA books and online guides
> (such as the one offered by www.revealnet.com) describe a few of the
> most commonly used scripts, but the only thing I've found is to get in
> there and look at the header comment on each file.
>
> Having looked at a few, I would not advise running each one. For
> example, catrep.sql states that it runs all sql scripts for the
> replication option. If you're not using replication, running that
> script would waste space at the very least, and mess things up in the
> worst case.
>
> If you find any good source of info, let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Ken
>
> Pete Desnoyers wrote:
> >
> > Is there documentation that describes what .sql files need to be
> > executed once an installation is complete?

snip Received on Sat Sep 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT